Taking place on December 1, TEDxSanJoseCA Women will feature Bay Area speakers who will talk about “The Space Between Head and Heart.” Speakers this year include Susan Fonseca, the Founder of Women@TheFrontier – an explosive forum highlighting female change agents; Adam Steltzner, NASA scientist leading the team for the Mars Rover, Curiosity; Simply Awesome Sylvia, an 11 year-old “maker” with over one million views; and Megan Keely, American singer songwriter, co-composer of the soundtrack for The Hunger Games.
There will also be a livestream session from a dynamic program of TEDxWomen 2012 in Washington D.C. Together the speakers and audience will share ideas in the classic TED format, creating a program that will both surprise and inspire. Attendees should be prepared to share their unique perspectives, to catalyze change, and to be changed.
- Susan Fonseca – Singularity University Founding Member, CEO and Founder of Women@TheFrontier
- Jack Andraka – 15 year-old inventor of groundbreaking cancer test
- Adam Steltzner -NASA scientist leading the Entry, Descent and Landing team for the Mars Rover, Curiosity
- Simply Awesome Silvia – 11 year-old “Maker”
- Megan Keely – American singer-songwriter, co-composer of the soundtrack for Hunger Games
- Jeannie Kahwajy-founder and CEO of Effective Interactions
About TEDxSanJoseCA Women: The Space Between Head and Heart:
TEDxSanJoseCA features riveting talks by remarkable people. It gathers some of the world’s leading thinkers and doers to share their passions and their own personal journeys.
The audience is a diverse mix of thought leaders from Silicon Valley. We come together to share ideas and inspire each other to make a difference. Connection is the electricity that runs through the event.
Saturday, December 1
3600 Juliette Lane
Santa Clara, CA, 95054